INVESTMENT PORTFOLIO – HIT
COMPANY NAME: HIT hoteli, igralnice, turizem d.d. Nova Gorica INDUSTRY: Hotels and casinos
ADDRESS: Delpinova ulica 7A, 5000 NOVA GORICA, Slovenia WEB ADDRESS: www.hit.si
TELEPHONE: +386 5 331 13 41
Short description + markets
The Hit Group featuring 11 hotels, 6 gaming and entertainment centres, a camping, a slot hall, and 2 casinos ranges among Europe’s biggest providers of gaming and entertainment. Hit Group hotels offer accommodation for 2,100 guests, whereas the conference centres have a total seating capacity for 2,500 persons and provide tailor-made events.
|Income statement (in € ‚000)||2018||2019||2020|
|Number of employees (average)||2.121||2.102||1.905|
|Growth of total revenue last year compared to the previous year in %||-42,0%|
|Growth of sales compared to the previous year||-51,5%|
|Sales on EU market (% of totale sales)||n.a.|
|Sales on non EU market (% of totale sales)||n.a.|
|Sales on GB market (% of totale sales)||n.a.|
|The percentage of sales generated by the top 10 customers||n.a.|
|The percentage of the 3 largest customer‘s revenue in total revenue||n.a.|
|Growth of product/service with the largest share in sales||n.a.|
|Growth of product/service with the largest share in revenue||n.a.|
|The percentage of investments in revenue in last year||2,7%|
Strategy & Plans
Key strategic directions:
- The development of Hit is based on the gaming business.
- Potentiation of the gaming activity through interesting and excellent hotel and catering activities
- gambling services.
- Linking and connecting products with the local environment.
- Product positioning based on guest segmentation.
Due to covid uncertainty company prepared three different scenarios of financial projections for 2021.
- Knowledge and use of information systems as a key competitive advantage.
- Increasing cost efficiency through automation and digitization.
- Establishment of quality middle management, which takes over with its knowledge
- Individual treatment of guests based on an extensive database.
- Due to covid epidemic 2020 revenues are down 42%, net result was negative and company didn‘t pay dividends neither for regular or preffered shares. Thus, preffered shares shareholders have voting rights as presented below.
- The casinos and gaming salon of the Hit Group recorded 621 thousand visits in 2020, which is 59% less than in 2019. Of these, the casinos of the parent company Hit, d. d., had 557 thousand visits or 60% less compared to the previous year.
- Hotel guests generated 238 thousand overnight stays in 2020, only in the hotels of the parent company Hit, d. d., 114 thousand. Compared to 2019, the number of overnight stays was 47% less.
Top 10 shareholder structure (15.10.2021)
|Shareholder name – regular shares||Number od shares||Stake|
|KAPITALSKA DRUŽBA D.D.||1.357.727||20,00%|
|MESTNA OBČINA NOVA GORICA||900.309||13,26%|
|OBČINA ŠEMPETER – VRTOJBA||183.726||2,71%|
|Shareholder name – preffered shares||Number od shares||Stake|
|INFOND GLOBAL FLEX||400.523||5,90%|
|TRIGLAV STEBER 1 – DELNIŠKI||327.279||4,82%|
|INFOND DYNAMIC – DELNIŠKI||125.000||1,84%|